Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Chicago's free trolleys, when?

Hi, I read at the TripAdv Chicago Guide that from labour day to memorial day the trolleys runs for free, I will like to know in wich month this happen. I%26#39;m arriving to Chicago next saturday (may 12th) I will there for one week.



Thanks in advance.



Lucrecia



Chicago's free trolleys, when?


It%26#39;s actually from Memorial day-Labor Day, Memorial Day is the last Monday in May so they will not be running on May 12th. The Navy Pier trolley should run all year long. Here%26#39;s a link to the Navy Pier trolley





www.navypier.com/visit_us/pub_trans.html



Chicago's free trolleys, when?


Free trolleys run from the Saturday before Memorial Day through Labor Day except for the Navy Pier trolley which runs all year. The trolleys can be a good, cheap way to get around but you get what you pay for. I often see long lines of people waiting to get on trolleys that are already full. Due to a succession of bad experiences with the free trolleys, I will only take it if it appears when I am ready to go. Otherwise, I just take a CTA bus.

No comments:

Post a Comment