Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Midway Airport to Oak Park (to Check Out F.L. Wright's Home)

I%26#39;m dropping off a friend at Midway Airport, who has a flight 3-4 hours before my flight departs at Midway. To kill time, I was thinking of driving my rental car to Oak Park to check out Frank Lloyd Wright%26#39;s architectural works. I was wondering what%26#39;s the best way to get there. Specifically, looking on the map, would be feasible to go on Harlem Avenue (Highway 43) or Cicero Avenue (Highway 50)? Would it be safe driving up those streets? I read the area around Oak Park isn%26#39;t the safest. And how long will it take to check out all the homes Wright designed if I just decided to walk around? OK, any advice would be great. Thanks.



Midway Airport to Oak Park (to Check Out F.L. Wright's Home)


From MDW, drive west to Harlem Ave. Take Harlem north up to Oak Park. Harlem is fairly quick. It should take you about 45 minutes from MDW to Oak Park. Both streets are safe during the day.





I%26#39;ve never done the FLW stuff. I%26#39;m sure someone else will chime in with advice.



Midway Airport to Oak Park (to Check Out F.L. Wright's Home)


Self-guided tours are available through the Home and Studio



www.wrightplus.org

No comments:

Post a Comment