Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Moving to Chicago in late August

I%26#39;m sure this has been posted a million times, but your help would be greatly appreciated as I don%26#39;t even know where to start! I%26#39;ve only visited the city once, for a day, about 13 years ago, so I don%26#39;t know the area at all.





My husband, my two dogs, %26amp; I are moving to Chicago in August for grad school. I%26#39;ll be going to school on North Wells Street %26amp; don%26#39;t drive (we%26#39;re coming from DC), so we want an apartment that%26#39;s close to the train, isn%26#39;t too far from school, is in a safe neighborhood, won%26#39;t cost an arm %26amp; a leg %26amp; (this is optional) ideally with other young people %26amp; with things to do in walking distance. Can you give me some ideas for which areas to search in?





I really appreciate your help!



Moving to Chicago in late August


Sounds like you want to be near the Brown or Red Lines of the El train/subway system. Look at chireader.com and craigslist.com for listings in Depaul, Belmont Avenue, Andersonville, North Central, Ravenswood, Lincoln Square. They will usually say if they are near an El station, and the main streets will have connecting buses. Cheaper apartments can be found in Uptown and Rogers Park.





www.transitchicago.com will get you started with the CTA system. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment