Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Restaurants around the Hyatt McCormick?

Hi, will be in chicago this coming for a tradeshow. Have a couple of friends I%26#39;m meeting, and we are wondering where to go for a nice dinner close to the hotel?





Thanks!





Restaurants around the Hyatt McCormick?


Unfortunately, the Hyatt McCormick Place is really only near McCormick Place; there%26#39; s little else right around it. Do you mind going further away from the hotel? Additionally, please let us know what kind of food you%26#39;re looking for, what kind of budget, atmosphere, etc.



Restaurants around the Hyatt McCormick?


Hi,





My GFs will have a vehicle, so we will be mobile.





Preference for type of cuisine is quite open.





I would say the price range is mid-range. We%26#39;re not looking to spend a couple hun on dinner. We just want to get together and have a fun evening.





Any help would be greatly appreciated!





thanks!




Yes, it is pretty isolated.



You are ';near'; Chinatown. But I would definitely cab it there.



Let us know if your interested in going to Chinatown or up into the loop.





Word of advice:



Do some research yourself. Look up places in metromix.com. In addition use google or yahoo maps. Zoom around on the maps. Get a lay of the land. How far places are. etc....




:) what is the loop?





And what ';neighbourhood'; is the hyatt in, and what other neighbourhoods should I be looking on metromix?





Thanks!




The Loop is the main downtown area, with the lake as the East border and, although I%26#39;m sure others may respond with different ideas, I%26#39;d say the South boundary is probably Congress or Roosevelt and Clinton to the West.





McCormick Place is South/SE of the Loop and not really in any neighborhood, I%26#39;d say - it%26#39;s isolated off by itself, with little directly around it (and the area to the West of it can be a bit sketchy, so - as recommended above - I%26#39;d take a taxi around.)





I%26#39;d look for restaurants in the Loop, although you%26#39;ll find a wider selection further North in the North Michigan Ave %26amp; River North areas.




Additionally, there is a Metra Electric station at McCormick, and that can take you as far North as Millennium Park, which is in the Loop, by the Art Institute.





www.metrarail.com/Sched/me/mccormick.shtml




The area around McCormick basically is all expressway. But, there street leading up to it is King Drive. And the neighborhood is FINE! The area is Bronzeville, the home of the Chicago Blues. This is the place where homes now cost $400,000. I live there. So I take offence to the neighborhood being called ';sketchy';. There are many nice soul food restaurants there. If you are interested I could give you names.




I would love some names of your favourite restaurants in the area!





Thanks!




Blackbird, Marche, and anything else on Randolph. Use metromix.com and come up with some ideas, and we can help you out. I also like Cocco Pazzo for Italian in River North area, it%26#39;s nice for conversation as it isn%26#39;t over the top loud.


  • zits
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment