Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Girly day for 30 year old and 8 year old

Want to plan a special day in the city with my ';little sister';. Most likely a Saturday..later in the year but looking for inspiration now.





She%26#39;s an old 8 year old - going on 13 - so American Girl not on the list. H%26amp;M is a must, was maybe thinking we could get our nails done somewhere, maybe (but not definitely) the Wicked matinee...and a nice lunch. We loved Frango cafe in Marshall Fields but I don%26#39;t know if that%26#39;s changed now that its a Macy*s?





Any other ideas really appreciated. We will be arriving into OTC.



Girly day for 30 year old and 8 year old


In case it%26#39;s not obvious I should probably mention that I%26#39;m female ;)



Girly day for 30 year old and 8 year old


Anyone?




I am planning my first trip to Chicago so I am not a great resource but since you haven%26#39;t had a reply I thought I would attempt to help. I have been doing a lot of research because I am coming with a group of families and children including my 8 yo girl and a 13 yo girl. Since you haven%26#39;t had a reply, My 8 yo girl and a 13 yo friend are very excited about going to the American Girl store. However, if your little girl is absolutely not interested, what about the museums, the Hancock Observatory signature lounge? I would absolutely go to Wicked if you can get tickets.




There is a Go-List - ';Chicago with a Pre-teen'; that has some good ideas.




A place to start - www.chicagoparent.com/category.asp?cID=22





Take a look at metromix.com for other ideas. There%26#39;s a calendar function so you can see what%26#39;s going on here during your visit.




Thanks everyone...she%26#39;s a special young lady who%26#39;s had a tough year and I want to give her a great day when I get to see her again. She%26#39;s my friend%26#39;s daughter but has adopted me as her big sister and I want to so something special.





She%26#39;s had to grow up very fast, too fast and now that she can be a child again, she doesn%26#39;t know how.




As the other posters said, I would do the American Girl Place package with the luncheon, show and shopping. Also, you can hop on the trolley and head to Navy Pier and go to the Children%26#39;s Museum and Build a Bear Workshop.




while I have no idea what a 8 or 13 yo girl likes



How about the Butterfly Haven



http://www.naturemuseum.org/index.php?id=114



and then, lincoln park zoo



http://www.lpzoo.com/




great america



north avenue beach



navy pier



No comments:

Post a Comment