Saturday, April 21, 2012

HELP! Can I make it to my conference in time???

I am attending a conference at Aramark in Downers Grove on May 17th. I was planning on booking a Southwest flight from Pittsburgh to arrive at 6:55 AM at MDW. Do you think I can make it from MDW to Aramark by 8:00 AM start?





Google Map claims a 42 minute drive. Is this correct?





Please advise ASAP.





Thanks



Kelly



HELP! Can I make it to my conference in time???


Kelly,



Google Maps doesn%26#39;t allow for the fact that it%26#39;s going to be rush hour + construction on I-294. You%26#39;ll need time to get your rental car. Even if you%26#39;re taking a cab, it%26#39;s next to impossible. Unfortunately, it won%26#39;t work.



HELP! Can I make it to my conference in time???


I%26#39;d fly in the previous day and stay nearby the conference cheaply via Priceline or Hotwire. Hotwire has a 3* in the Oak Brook/Downers Grove area for $69 for 5/16.




It%26#39;s about a 20 mile drive, but getting a rental car, etc., does take time.





Would the outbound Stevenson be that bad in the morning? And does anyone have the scoop on using side roads insted, if the Stevenson is bumper-to-bumper?




';It%26#39;s about a 20 mile drive, but getting a rental car, etc., does take time.



Would the outbound Stevenson be that bad in the morning? And does anyone have the scoop on using side roads insted, if the Stevenson is bumper-to-bumper?';





The outbound Stevenson (55) isn%26#39;t too bad in the am rush. Depending on your destination good east/west alternate routes would be Ogden or Archer Aves.




This is as stressful as it comes in Chicago. You have to figure a way to come the day before to do it, unless you don%26#39;t need to be on time. You won%26#39;t even be in the main part of the airport (unless you are really early arrivint) until well after 7. It would be best to cancel if you can%26#39;t arrive the day before or get there late.




Yeah, but does the meeting really start at 8:00? Or is that when they bring out the bagels and muffins, and start at 8:30 or 9?




Thanks for everyones input. I have booked the flight for the night before.





Thanks



kelly




Find a good cabbie and you%26#39;ll be fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment