Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Hotel Help - DVD

Hi DVD....

If you%26#39;re out there - we%26#39;re leaving today and there are two 4* around $200 for 5/15 - 5/17. Do you have any idea what hotels they might be? Would they be worth the $30-50.00 more per night over the Comfort Inn?

Thanks for any advice!

Hotel Help - DVD

Good morning :-)

Be right back.

Hotel Help - DVD

I%26#39;m seeing a 4* in the Mag Mile/Streeterville area with Laundry for 5/15-17 and that%26#39;s likely the James, which is essentially in the same location as the CI - it%26#39;s a block closer to Michigan Ave. That would be a nicer hotel and I think, worth the extra.

The other 4* I%26#39;m seeing is a boutique in the North Michigan Ave/Water Tower/Gold Coast area and I%26#39;m not sure what the heck that one is, as it%26#39;s a new listing I%26#39;ve never seen before. I%26#39;m guessing it%26#39;s possibly either the Raffaello (I%26#39;m going to guess this is probably the most likely), Talbott or Sutton Place. I don%26#39;t think it%26#39;s an upgraded Whitehall (which has been previously reported as a 3.5* in the area and this listing has a 4/5 tripadvisor rating, which the Raff, Talbott and Sutton do, but the Whitehall has not . This would be a risk as I can%26#39;t be sure exactly what it is, but for $175, if you%26#39;re in the mood for a risk, this may be worth considering.

However, if you want the closer hotel, the (not guaranteed, but likely) James would be a little closer to the Intercontinental than the CI. and if the Hotwire listing is the James, that hotel would otherwise be $360 a night.


Enjoy your trip and I hope this helps! :-)

If you have any questions I%26#39;ll keep checking back.


Thanks SO MUCH - it was the James! Off to the airport....


Sweet - glad it worked out! :-)

Have a good trip! :)

  • horses
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment