Wednesday, April 25, 2012

How much time should I allow? Question for the locals

How much time do you think it would take to walk at a casual pace from the corner of Racine and Belmont (looks like about 4-5 blocks southwest of Wrigley Field) to the Addison Red Line station and then take the El from there down to the Grand station just north of the River on a weekday afternoon?





I%26#39;m trying to figure out if I%26#39;ll have enough time after I check into my rental house to get to the river to catch an architectural boat tour on my first day in Chicago. Thanks.



How much time should I allow? Question for the locals


If you%26#39;ll be at Racine and Belmont, you%26#39;ll be about 5 blocks from the Belmont station. Addison is a half mile north of Belmont, so you%26#39;d be walking out of the way.





I%26#39;d allow for 30-35 minutes due to the reduced capacity on the Red and Brown Lines between Belmont and Fullerton.



How much time should I allow? Question for the locals


The CTA has a trip planner, so you can put in your starting and ending addresses, and time of either departure or arrival. It will tell you what routes to take and approximate time. DO add extra time, because as the previous reply mentioned, they are running behind.





http://tripsweb.rtachicago.com/




Unless there is some reason you want to walk up to Addison, I would take the Red Line from Belmont. I would probably leave myself 45 minutes to 1 hour to make the trip. You should also check for service alerts at www.transitchicago.com/news/whatsnew.wu. For the past couple of weekends, the Red Line has not been running its normal route through the subway. If southbound trains are running elevated through the loop, you will have to take it all the way to Roosevelt and transfer to a northbound train to get to your stop.




Awesome! Thanks y%26#39;all for the help. It%26#39;s people like you who make Tripadvisor such a great resource.

No comments:

Post a Comment